Types of Snowmobiles
Before picking up a used snowmobile, it’s important to note the differences between each type and what activity each snowmobile is designed for. The types of snowmobiles include:
- Trail snowmobile: Primarily designed for commuting and general transportation, trail snowmobiles are lightweight and easy to handle – ideal for beginners.
- Touring snowmobile: Designed to carry a rider and one passenger for long distances as they come with an extra seat.
- Performance snowmobile: Built with more powerful engines and tuned for top speed and acceleration, making them ideal for professional racers.
- Utility snowmobile: Can be used to carry out work in the field and transport goods, as they are built with wider frames and with suspension specifically designed for heavy workloads.
- Crossover snowmobile: Ideal for groomed trail and off-trail manoeuvres as they are built with hybrid tracks that make them suitable for both terrains.
- Mountain snowmobile: Specifically designed to climb up mountain slopes, with narrow bodies and improved traction.
- Youth snowmobile: Designed to suit teenagers and young riders with a small frame and power-limited engines to prioritise safety.
Find out how to buy and sell second-hand snowmobiles on Mascus below.
How to Sell Used Snowmobiles
Selling your Ski-doo snowmobiles with Mascus is easy. Start by signing up as an End User to become a one-off seller, but if you’re looking to sell your equipment regularly, you’ll need to become a Dealer. That way, you’ll gain access to the following benefits:
- Dealer Mobile: Create your own mobile website to increase reachability, as more and more customers begin to search while they’re on the go.
- Mascus Price Indicator: Receive automatic valuations of your used equipment rather than having to rely on your own research.
- Mascus Publisher: Build a branded catalogue of your stock to distribute to potential customers and increase brand awareness.
We will then review and confirm your membership, so you can start to sell your second-hand snowmobiles and more. Begin with your product advert, creating your listing using clear images and detailed information regarding the condition of the equipment. The more information you provide, the more likely a user is to express interest. Find out how to contact a seller to purchase a used snowmobile below.
How to Buy Used Snowmobiles
Got your eye on a second-hand Polaris snowmobile? Once you’ve viewed our current listings, using the left-hand panel to narrow down your search by model, brand, price and more, it’s time to contact the seller. Simply fill out the details form provided and they will be in touch. Remember to review all images and information provided to ensure that the used snowmobile suits your needs before you make your purchase.
Don’t know where to start? Take a look at our current listings of Ski-doo snowmobiles.